buhl farm park
Buhl Farm Park was the creative idea of millionaire industrialist Frank H. Buhl in the early 1900's. Wanting to share their wealth with others, Mr. Buhl and his wife, Julia, did so in their home town. Frank Buhl saw a need and decided it was time to rectify the Sharon area's lack of recreational and cultural institutions. Between 1907 and 1911 he purchased 7 different parcels of farm land in Hickory Township (now known as the city of Hermitage), bordered by the Borough of Sharon (now known as the city of Sharon), and the Borough of Sharpsville. The parcels combined make up an area totaling 262.66 acres. Over 4 years of planning and strategizing took place and they were able to develop the land into a beautiful outdoor recreational park known as Buhl Farm.
Want to know more about Frank and Julia Buhl's Legacy? Click here to read more!
To efficiently operate and maintain Buhl Park; to provide outdoor recreational, educational, environmental and cultural opportunities;
and to preserve the park for future generations
To enrich the quality of life in our community.