The Buhl Farm Park is home to a world class swimming pool available to the public. The spacious 207,000 gallon pool overlooking Lake Julia includes many features such as a diving board, five 25-meter swim lanes during adult swim, and a shallow area for children. With a great family atmosphere and children’s playgrounds only steps away, the pool is a cool way to enjoy a hot summer’s day!
Safety Comes First
All children nine years and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times. The pool is staffed and operated by employees and management of the Buhl Community Recreation Center Aquatic Department. All management and guards are trained and certified in Red Cross Lifeguard Training, First Aid & Safety, and CPR & AED machines. An adult member of the management team is on duty at all times.
More Than Just a Swimming Pool
The pool facility includes many additional amenities:
- Mens and Womens changing rooms with restrooms and showers
- First Aid station
- Vending machines for snacks, candy, and drinks
- Picnic tables
- Children’s playgrounds a few steps away
Every day is different at the pool! Be sure to download the entire Summer Pool Schedule to know when and what exciting activities are offered (requires the free Adobe Reader).
Want to Have a Party?
Make your event one to remember by having it at the Buhl Farm Park Swimming Pool. The pool is a great location for reunions, birthday parties, and more. The pool is also available for private rental in the evenings. If interested, please call (724-981-3700) to learn more.
You are also welcome every day to bring picnic baskets or coolers of food and drink to make “a day of it” at the pool.
Swimming Pool Rates Recreation Center Member Pricing
Swimming Pool Rates Non-Member Pricing
If you are not a member of the Buhl Community Recreation Center but reside in Hermitage, Sharon or Sharpsville, please check at your municipal building for season-reduced rates.
Rules of the Pool and Diving Board — Please review these rules to ensure everyone’s safety.
CHILDREN UNDER GRADE 3 MUST BE UNDER DIRECT AND CONSTANT SUPERVISION OF AN ADULT. NON-SWIMMERS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED IN THE WATER AND WITHIN ARMS REACH OF AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES.
Swimming Pool Rules
- Proper swim wear required – no excessive clothing, cut offs, boxers, leotards, etc
- Any minor non-swimmer must have an adult 18 years or older in the water and within arms reach at all times.
- No running, splashing, dunking or horseplay at any time.
- No jumping or diving from sides of pool, steps or ladders.
- Inflatable beach balls only. Ask manager on duty about toy sizes allowed.
- No profanity or obscene gestures.
- Children nine (9) years and under must be accompanied by an adult and be under their supervision at all times.
- Spitting, spouting water and blowing nose in water are not permitted.
- Wraparounds (TSS) must be in the water at all times with clients and must be within eye contact of them.
- Staff only in Guard room, except for first aid or emergencies.
- All swimmers using the deep end and diving board must prove they can swim two (2) widths of the pool using approach strokes. (freestyle, breaststroke)
- DO NOT TALK TO GUARDS WHILE ON DUTY!
- One long blast of the whistle: CLEAR POOL IMMEDIATELY.
- Children not potty trained must wear swim diapers.
- No smoking or alcohol inside pool fence.
- No extended breath holding.
- No personal display of affection.
Diving Board Rules
- Must pass swim test.
- One person on the board and steps at a time.
- Do not swing from hand rails.
- No running on the board.
- One bounce on board.
- Hands must enter water first on dives.
- Jump or dive straight out from board.
- No twisting, somersaults, inwards, flips, or reverse dives.
- Swim to nearest wall or ladder — no swimming in diving area.
- Previous person must reach exit before another diver proceeds.
- LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP!